I would like to bring to the notice of my Navodaya brothers and sisters a few things here for self-appraisal. Its not that I am against anybody nor am I trying to demean anyone here. This is just my view and I always have been working this way. I am not follower of anyone, but I try to evaluate the right way, taking guidance wherever necessary, and propose the same for everyone else. Seeing the present state of Navodayans, I would like to talk about a few things here.
I have always felt that my navodaya family is doing something different which makes us feel proud and it gives us a sense of satisfaction but seeing few recent activities…it does not give me any pride nor do I appreciate such things. Pardon me if anybody is getting hurt reading this post. I am happy if anyone among you does any kind of activities for uplifting a navodayan’s life and I really admire such kinds of activities. But I discourage activities meant for momentary pleasures as they are not going to be helpful for our family in any way. If anybody is earning enough money, please value that money and invest it to help others rather just going to any five or seven star hotels to have alumni meet. We have such beautiful and large campuses in front of which five or seven star hotels have no value. At personal level you are free to do so. No one will object you…but our vision is getting diluted and I feel that we are lacking the guidance and going on the wrong track.
Secondly, the news of my brothers and sisters fighting with each other over petty issues and getting divided is also disheartening. The vision of Navodaya has National Integration as one of its pillars, and our conduct needs to be in consonance with our vision. Our opinions may differ, but the sense of being related needs to continue. So, here we require some introspection!
Hence I propose a few things here:
- We are all aware that JNV works to select talented rural children as the target group and attempts to provide them with quality education. Keeping this in view, we need to organize our get-togethers and other activities in a simple but profound manner and that too in our own campuses so that as many students as possible can get benefited and feel inspired.
- We need to work on our mutual relationships so that we work in an integrated manner, rather than getting divided as we have been taught to work for national integrity and this has been the vision of entire Navodaya.
- We need to expand our activities to other needy children of the society, and not restrict ourselves to only Navodayans. So our activities will be by Navodayans but for the entire Nation.
- We have a huge manpower, but we need to devise ways to utilize our potential in the right direction, rather than spoiling it over our own conflicts!
- We can make a team of guardians made up of experienced teachers/ principals/ commissioners/ deputy commissioners who will keep guiding us and evaluating our performance from time to time. For example: Nageshwar Rao sir, Rama Rao sir, Ramchandra sir, Ashok Shukla sir, Girish sir, Ali sir, D K Modi sir and many more…
- We can invite eminent personalities of the society for giving talk to our team which will not only enthuse them but also make us dream big for the society and nation.
It is only a proposal from me. You may agree or disagree with me over these points, and hence I invite suggestions from you for open discussion.
दुनिया की भीड़ में क्यों खो रहा, मिलेगा कुछ भी न फल जो बो रहा…